Purkersdorf – Sandstein Wienerwald
The green Hall of Vienna
This Nature Park comprises of a woodland area at the western border of the city of Vienna with the Rudolfshöhe (475m) as its highest peak. The beech woods form hall-like shady formations that create a nicely cool climate, especially in summer. The ideal place for a quick and relaxing change from the city.
Facilities and offers:
- Look-out at the Rudolfshöhe
- Josef Schöffel- memorial stone
- Nature Park centre Wienerwaldhaus with exhibition about the farmers in the Wienerwald 100 years ago
- Active and serviced Nature Park centre once a month from april till october
- Red deer and wild boar enclosures
- Stroking zoo (Kellerwiese)
- Nature education track with adventure stations for kids about the native flora & fauna in the forests and also about the water in the river "Wien"
- Stations for visually impaired & blind people (against advance notification with guidance)
- Themed paths and areas: forest, wild boars & wood(laboratory)
- Nature Park School, forest education and organized birthday parties for kids (reservation required)
- Nah Touren: annual seasonal program